The Parish of Hertford is situated in the Lea Valley Deanery. The Priory stood between 1087-1539. The Parish was founded in 1848. The church was built in 1858 and consecrated on 16th October, 1866. Click on to 'About the Parish' to see an article covering the history of this historic site.
The church is open daily for Mass and private prayer, with the Parish Priest and/or Parish Deacon available for consultation, assistance and for Mass intentions and offerings.
The Parish Council, comprising elected members and representatives of parish organisations, meets three times a year. Matters for discussion by the Council may be addressed to the Secretary, David Chamberlain, and left at the presbytery. Summaries of each meeting will be placed on the website under Special Events.
The Parish Hall (the former school building) adjacent to the church is available for hire, with many local interest groups holding meetings here. Those interested in hiring the Hall should contact the Hall Manager, Mrs Sue Walker on 01992-583826.